Battery icon turns RED after
- D750 – 130 minutes
- D4 – 160 minutes
Camera shuts down after
- D750 – 147 minutes
- D4 – 190 minutes
Recording to internal memory card is limited to max. 30 minutes, so to overcome this, I set up the cameras as follows:
- Tripod mounted
- Video mode set to HIGH QUALITY
- AF to OFF
- VR to OFF
- LiveView timeout to Never
- Exposure to fully manual
- Camera battery fully charged
- Recording via HDMI out to:
- Ninja Blade
- Powered by battery elliminator
- 2nd battery installed in case someone kicks out the main pack!
- 1TB drive installed, which has max storage for 17hrs of Apple ProRes422 format
Important: For external recording, you must set the LiveView Timeout to Never, otherwise as the camera doesn’t know that an external recording session is running, will switch off to conserve battery!
The D750 battery symbol went RED after 2hrs 10mins of recording. It quit after a total of 2hrs 27mins of recording.
The Ninja Blade using a spinning 1TB drive was 49 deg C externally, and the HDD was 59 deg C.
2hr 27min recording occupied approx 124GB
The D4 battery symbol went RED after 2hrs and 40mins of recording. It quit after a total of 3hrs and 10mins of recording.
The Ninja Blade using a 480GB SSD drive was 45 deg C externally, and the SSD was 54 deg C.
2hr 27min recording occupied approx 164GB